Ten Warning Signs of Teen Dating Violence
- History of discipline problems.
- Blames you for his/her anger.
- Serious drug or alcohol use.
- History of violent behavior.
- Threatens others regularly.
- Insults you or calls you names.
- Trouble controlling feelings like anger.
- Tells you what to wear, what to do or how to act.
- Threatens or intimidates you in order to get their way.
- Prevents you from spending time with friends or family.
Could you be in an abusive relationship?
Create a Safety Plan!
- Do you know an adult that you can trust?
- Plan in advance to have a safe place to go.
- Keep money and your cell phone or calling card with you at all times.
- Memorize important phone numbers – cell phones are sometimes taken by abusers.
- Establish a code word or sign so that family, friends, teachers and co-workers know when to call for help.
|(TTY for deaf/hearing impaired)|
|National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline|